Search for services:

Carbon management Green Energy Sustainable Construction Solar Panel Installations
Structural Survey
Architectural design Building Regulations Property CAD Plans
Building Planning Permission Change of Use application General Planning Advice
DEC Public Building EPC EPC Residential Landlord EPC Commercial Home Condition Survey
Fast Property Sale Conveyancing Residential Lease Extension Asbestos Removal Asbestos Survey
Rent Review Lease Renewal Home Buyers Report Valuation Survey Building Survey Schedule of Condition Schedule of Dilapidations Boundary Dispute Party Wall Act Expert Witness Rating Commercial Property Valuation Commercial Property Management Agency - Sales - lettings Public Sector Consultancy
Join Our Newsletter


Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Get Estimates for DEC Public Building

Do you manage public buildings?  If so you are obliged to produce a Display Energy Certificates. can put you in touch with experts in this industry.  A Display Energy Certificate (DEC) shows the actual energy usage of a building, the Operational Rating. The purpose of introducing Display Energy Certificates (DECs) is to raise public awareness of energy use and to inform visitors to public buildings about the energy use of a building. DECs provide an energy rating of the building from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is the least efficient and are based on the actual amount of metered energy used by the building over a period of 12 months.

A DEC is only required for a building with useful floor area greater than 1,000 square meters, that is occupied by a public authority and institution providing a public service to a large number of persons and therefore visited by those persons.

Your Area Postcode:
Approximate property value ?:
What is the size of the property ?:
* Your Name:
* Your Telephone:
* Your eMail:
* Job Description:
* Property Description:

Filling in the form above will give you a set of contact details from Energy Assessors who specialize in providing Display Energy Certificates.  You will be able to make direct contact with them to discuss your requirement in more detail, they will also receive the details you put on the form.  Before appointing a Display Energy Certificate assessor and placing an order you should ensure yourself that they have the relevant qualifications, licences, experience and insurance to provide the level of service that you require.  There is of course no obligation to use any of the property experts that you have been introduced to.

For the purposes of the regulations, a building is defined as, ‘a roofed construction having walls, for which energy is used to condition the indoor climate, and a reference to a building includes a reference to a part of a building which has been designed or altered to be used separately’.

For a building to fall within the requirement for a DEC it must:

• have a roof and walls; and

• use energy to condition the indoor climate. This is the case where the building has any

of the following fixed services: heating, mechanical ventilation or air conditioning.

A building can either be:

• the whole of a building; or

• part of a building, where the part is designed or altered to be used separately1. The certificate is valid for one year.  The accompanying Advisory Report is valid for seven years.

DEC | DEC Public Building | Display Energy Certificate – London, UK

If you have a commercial property that you are going to sell or rent out, you will need a Commercial EPC, click here for more details.

If you have a residential property then you may need a domestic Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).  Click here to receive quotes from property experts providing domestic Energy Performance Certificates.

The Energy Assessor should belong to a recognized accreditation scheme.  There are a number of schemes recognized by the government.

For the latest updates on accreditation you should consult the government website

If you are an Energy Assessor and you would like to be listed on the website, please contact us by clicking here

All of the above information is for guidance only, it is not to be considered property advice.  If you are considering instructing any property expert after getting their information from this website then you should make further checks making sure that they have adequate qualifications, experience and insurance.

Contracts entered into are between the Client and the individual member firm. acts as the introducer only.

Areas Covered - St Albans Birmingham Bath Blackburn Bradford Bournemouth Bolton Brighton Kent Bristol Belfast Carlisle Cambridge Cardiff Chester Chelmsford Colchester Croydon Canterbury Coventry Crewe Dartford Dundee Derby Dumfries Durham Darlington Doncaster Dorchester Dudley London E London EC Edinburgh Enfield Exeter Falkirk  Blackpool Glasgow Gloucester Guildford Harrow Huddersfield Harrogate Hemel Hempstead Hereford Kingston-upon-Hull Halifax Ilford Ipswich lnverness Kilmarnock Kingston-upon-Thames Kirkwall Kirkcaldy Liverpool Lancaster Llandrindod Wells Llandudno Leicester Lincoln Leeds Luton Manchester Medway Milton Keynes Motherwell London N ewcastle Upon Tyne Nottingham Northampton Newport Norwich London nw Oldham Oxford Paisley Peterborough Perth Plymouth Portsmouth Preston Reading Redhill Romford Sheffield Swansea London SE Stevenage Stockport Slough Sutton Swindon Southampton Salisbury Sunderland Southend-on-Sea Stoke-on-Trent London SW Shrewsbury Taunton Galashiels Telford Royal Tunbridge Wells Torquay Truro Teesside Twickenham Uxbridge London W Warrington London WC Watford Wakefield Wigan Worcester Walsall Wolverhampton York

Home | Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | FAQ

© & GSICorp MMXI. All Rights Reserved. All Trademarks Acknowledged. Design by Guy Somerville, GSI New Media